If having the ‘right’ culture in a business is a strategic asset which impacts both profits and valuation (which it is and does) and if the culture of a business, department or team is, in essence, a set of habitual behaviours (which it is), what’s the simplest, fastest and most sustainable way to create (and keep creating) the ‘right’ culture?
1. Work out what measurable results or outcomes you really want. *
2. Identify 2 or 3 behaviours which, if they became habitual, would create the desired results / outcome. **
3. Turn those behaviours into habits by focusing on the PRIMARY cause of habitual behaviours.
* This may be very different to what you currently think / believe is possible!
** Attempting to simultaneously change (create) a larger number of (new) habits typically results in failure.
What Many (Most) Businesses / People Do:
(The slow, painful way which typically results in marginal or temporary changes or failure.)
1. Determine a set of values they want the business / team / department to live by.
2. Gain an understanding of how they’ll measure / manage whether or not these values are being lived by the business.
3. Focus on trying to change / align peoples’ behaviours with the chosen values.
4. Wonder why it’s so hard to get people to do or sustain the necessary behaviours!
The sad reality is that the vast majority of people attempt to create the changes they desire by trying to change their behaviours.
In doing so, they seek to muscle through using willpower or determination only to find they’re unable to sustain the change long-term or that they replace one bad habit with another!
They fail because in focusing on trying to change behaviours, they’re focused on the symptoms and not on the root or PRIMARY cause of behaviour.
If we want to dramatically (and permanently) change our results – whether these relate to our sales, income, profits, health, relationships or some other aspect of our business or life, we must address the PRIMARY cause of results which are our Subconscious PARADIGMS.
And until and unless we change the paradigms, any change is likely to be slow, difficult, incremental or temporary.
The good news is there’s a proven process for changing individual and corporate paradigms which is guaranteed to work every time and for everyone.
What if you really could change your and your team’s habitual way of behaving?
What if you could finally close the gap between what you know and what you do?
If you’d like to learn how to change your paradigms, you can
a) register a place on this free webinar by clicking on the image below or by clicking here:
b) schedule a free strategy call with me where we’ll clarify:
- What it is you want to be, do or have.
- What’s really stopping you.
- What exactly you need to do to get whatever it is you want.